The Loin belt of truth
In this chapter we will begin to
examine the specific pieces
Of armor that God has given to the
church in Ephesians 6:13-8
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and
supplication for all saints;
Let's look at these same scriptures
in the Living Bible
13. So use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy whenever he attacks, and when it is all over, you will still be standing up.
14. But to do this, you will need the strong belt of truth and the
breastplate of God's approval.
15. Wear shoes that are able to speed you on as you preach the Good News
of peace with God.
16. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows
aimed at you by Satan.
17. And you will need the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit
which is the Word of God.
18. Pray all the time. Ask God for anything in line with the Holy Spirit's wishes. Plead with him, reminding him of your needs,
19. and keep praying earnestly for all Christians everywhere.
When a Roman soldier had on such a breastplate of brass on,
Who would notice his belt?
If you were to describe a person's clothing, you would not begin with his belt. You would probably start by describing his jacket, his shirt, His tie, or even his shoes, but not his belt. You can hardly see it.
The belt seems such an
insignificant little thing.
Until you take it off!!! Then you
discover how important that belt was.
Take it off and you might lose you pants, and when you lose your pants, your shirt comes untucked, and when that happens
you look a mess.
That is what the loin belt did for
the Roman soldier,
It held all of the pieces of the armor together.
The he would be wearing all of his beautiful weaponry, if his loin belt was not in place, everything would just fall apart.
It was said that the loin belt was one
of the most vital parts of weaponry
That the Roman soldier wore.
For example his shield was
attached to his loin belt.
If the Roman soldier had no loin belt,
there would be no place
to rest his massive shield.
If he had no loin belt where would
he hang his sword?
If he had no loin belt, there was nothing
to keep hid breastplate from
Flapping in the wind.
The loin belt held it all together!
Without it a Roman soldier had no confidence in fighting. With it he was assured that all of his armor would stay in place, so he could move more swiftly and fight with great fury.
The majority of your spiritual
armor is invisible.
For instance you can't physically see the breastplate of righteousness, or your shoes,
or your shield of faith,
or your helmet of salvation.
But you can physically see
the loin belt of truth.
The loin belt of truth is the
written word of God.
This is the only piece of armor that has passed tangibly from the spirit realm into our hands.
The Holy Spirit could have started by telling us to pay attention to the beautiful breastplate, or the shoes, or the helmet, but no he went right to the middle of man and started describing his belt.
God is making a point.
He is saying if you take off this weapon,
The loin belt of truth,
you are going to fall apart.